Re: SparseMatrix constructor

From: c.
Subject: Re: SparseMatrix constructor
Date: Sat, 19 Oct 2013 10:28:40 +0200

On 18 Oct 2013, at 18:22, c. <address@hidden> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have some code[1] that uses the constructor
>
>          SparseMatrix::SparseMatrix (Array<double> V, Array<octave_idx_type>
> I,
>                                      Array<octave_idx_type> J,
> octave_idx_type nr,
>                                      octave_idx_type nc, bool add);
>
> where I and J are 0-based arrays of indices, which works in Octave 3.6.x
> but fails with development sources with the error:
>
>  error: op_u_v: subscript indices must be either positive integers less than
> 2^31 or logicals
>
> have there been changes in the SparseMatrix constructors that can explain
> this change?
> Can anyone point me to the changeset that caused the different behaviour?
>
> c.
>
> [1]
> http://sourceforge.net/p/geopdes/code/HEAD/tree/trunk/geopdes_base/src/op_u_v.cc
> [2]
> http://sourceforge.net/p/geopdes/code/HEAD/tree/trunk/geopdes_base/src/op_u_v.cc#l131

Hi,

Just an update, I'm trying to find the changeset that introduced this
modification.

I am doing this by bisect and my current "good" release is the following:

  changeset:   17465:77bec442a35a
  user:        Rik <address@hidden>
  date:        Wed Sep 18 10:32:27 2013 -0700
  summary:     Overhaul stem family of plot functions.

Bisecting is quite cumbersome in this case as I have to install each time in
order to use
"mkoctfile" and "pkg install" so if anyone is aware of a changeset in the last
month that
might have caused this problem I'd really appreciate hints.

Marco, I am CC-ing you because I believe this problem might affect your code as
well,
could you please test your package with a recent build of Octave development
sources?

c.