Re: octave on development level

From: c.
Subject: Re: octave on development level
Date: Sun, 29 Sep 2013 12:58:41 +0200

On 29 Sep 2013, at 11:45, Werner Koenig <address@hidden> wrote:

> Ok, I want do it, but a little help from the list is welcome.
you're welcome to ask for help, but if you are trying to build the
development version I think the maintainers mailing list is a more appropriate
place to continue the discussion, so I am moving the discussion there.

> hg clone http://www.octave.org/hg/octave
> after a ./bootstrap and ./configure --prefix=/opt/octave which works
if your "./configure" had worked ...

>> What does the flex-related section in config.log say?
> the config.log on my system is yet complete empty.
... then your config.log would not be empty, actually even if ./configure fails
it will still write the error messages to config.log.

> Therefor for me there are two questions to answer
>    - why doesn't find my system flex at compile time ( see above)
>    - why is it essential to find flex, it is only a warning before the
> compile breaks,
>      therfor I think flex isn't essential to compile octave (at development
> level)

to answer those questions we need more data, with the information you provided
so far
the best I can do is to dig in the config.log file to get more insight.

If you need help with this please run ./configure in the octave source tree
again
 and upload the contents of config.log somwhere where we can see it (please
don't post
it via email as it will be very large)

c.