Re: Implementation of libpointer

From: Reza Housseini
Subject: Re: Implementation of libpointer
Date: Wed, 25 Sep 2013 16:41:15 +0200

On Tue, Sep 24, 2013 at 4:50 PM, John W. Eaton <address@hidden> wrote:
On 09/24/2013 10:42 AM, Reza Housseini wrote:
Thanks John

I already made a public repository [1] but it's far from complete and I
didn't found time working on that recently. I just thought using the
octave_struct base class because of the similar interface which matlab
uses with "mypointer.Value" but probably it's also possible to have the
same behaviour without the octave_struct base class. There is this
lib.pointer class [2] if you mean that when talking about handle class
object?

OK, so the lib.pointer class is what the libpointer function returns. I'm guessing this is a handle class object.  And it's in a package called "lib".  So to get full compatibility, we really need to do this with a classdef object inside a package.

Also, if you are interested in having your code included in Octave, would you please follow the Octave coding style?  It will make it easier for us to include later.

Thanks,

jwe

I have no experience with classdef objects. Can you give me any implementation details?
Am I correct that the  coding style inherits to the GNU coding style?

Cheers
Reza