Re: Implementation of libpointer

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Re: Implementation of libpointer
Date: Tue, 24 Sep 2013 10:50:39 -0400

On 09/24/2013 10:42 AM, Reza Housseini wrote:
Thanks John

I already made a public repository [1] but it's far from complete and I
didn't found time working on that recently. I just thought using the
octave_struct base class because of the similar interface which matlab
uses with "mypointer.Value" but probably it's also possible to have the
same behaviour without the octave_struct base class. There is this
lib.pointer class [2] if you mean that when talking about handle class
object?

OK, so the lib.pointer class is what the libpointer function returns. I'm guessing this is a handle class object. And it's in a package called "lib". So to get full compatibility, we really need to do this with a classdef object inside a package.

Also, if you are interested in having your code included in Octave, would you please follow the Octave coding style? It will make it easier for us to include later.

Thanks,