Re: Integrating audio functionality in to Octave

From: Mike Miller
Subject: Re: Integrating audio functionality in to Octave
Date: Wed, 18 Sep 2013 07:50:34 -0400

On Wed, Sep 18, 2013 at 14:17:31 +0300, Vytautas Jancauskas wrote:
>> Compilation ends with the following error :
>> Making all in scripts
>> make[2]: *** No rule to make target `audio/@audiorecorder/susbref.m', needed
>> by `all-am'.  Stop.
>>

>> Pantxo
>
> There's a typo, should be subsref.m in libinterp/audio/module.mk, wait
> I'll submit a fix

I made that change locally, build works but fails in documentation:

./audiodevinfo.texi:14: must be after address@hidden' to use address@hidden'
./audiodevinfo.texi:17: must be after address@hidden' to use address@hidden'

ISTR a discussion recently on this list about this when using texinfo
5, I can't remember the details. I've always used the style with all
deftypefnxs grouped at the top, but I'm not sure whether you must use
that format now or what the outcome is.

Also

./audiodevinfo.texi:25: warning: @deftypefnx should only appear at a
line beginning

because you have a missing newline in audiodevinfo.cc.

Is there a reason you made new audio*.txi files instead of just adding
sections to the existing audio.txi? I don't think there's a need to
modularize it that much. Since you are pretty much overhauling what
little audio support we had, I'd say feel free to rewrite audio.txi as
much as you want.

--
mike