Re: Welcome SOCIS 2013 Applicants

From: Richard Crozier
Subject: Re: Welcome SOCIS 2013 Applicants
Date: Fri, 09 Aug 2013 10:07:57 +0100

On 08/08/2013 14:38, Marco Cecchetti wrote:

Hi,
I create a page on Octave wiki as required: http://wiki.octave.org/User:Mcecchetti
I cloned the mercurial repository and built octave successfully.
However I have an issue when I invoke the starting script it return
immediately and the GUI does not start. If I pass the --no-gui option
everything is working.
I would like to fix a bug or implement a simple feature.
Could you point me to a list of them ? (I see the project ideas they look
long term tasks.)

Kind Regards,
-- Marco

The Octave bug and patch trackers are hosted on Savannah:

http://savannah.gnu.org/projects/octave

you could start looking through the bugs there.

Also, on the Octave mailing list it is preferred that you bottom-post rather than top-post:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Posting_style#Bottom-posting

Richard

Scotland, with registration number SC005336.