Re: ImageMagick error during 'make check'

From: Rik
Subject: Re: ImageMagick error during 'make check'
Date: Mon, 05 Aug 2013 10:53:36 -0700

On 08/05/2013 05:11 AM, Carnë Draug wrote:
> On 4 August 2013 23:02, Rik <address@hidden> wrote:
>> 8/4/13
>>
>> Carnë,
>>
>> I'm getting this nasty looking error while running 'make check'

>>   ***** test
>>  hf = figure ("visible", "off");
>>  unwind_protect
>>    assert (ishghandle (hf));
>>    assert (! ishghandle (-hf));
>>    l = line;
>>    ax = gca;
>>    assert (ishghandle (ax));
>>    assert (! ishghandle (-ax));
>>    assert (ishghandle (l));
>>    assert (! ishghandle (-l));
>>    p = patch;
>>    assert (ishghandle (p));
>>    assert (! ishghandle (-p));
>>    s = surface;
>>    assert (ishghandle (s));
>>    assert (! ishghandle (-s));
>>    t = text;
>>    assert (ishghandle (t));
>>    assert (! ishghandle (-t));
>>    i = image;
>>    assert (ishghandle (i));
>>    assert (! ishghandle (-i));
>>    hg = hggroup;
>>    assert (ishghandle (hg));
>>    assert (! ishghandle (-hg));
>>  unwind_protect_cleanup
>>    close (hf);
>>  end_unwind_protect
>> !!!!! test failed
>> Magick++ exception: Magick: No decode delegate for this image format
>> (/home/rik/wip/Projects_Mine/octave-dev/scripts/image/default.img) reported
>> by magick/constitute.c:8285 (ReadImage)
>>
>> The problem is the line "i = image" which I think needs to create a default
>> image object, possibly with no data as the text () command does.
>>
>> The backtrace is
>> octave:4> i = image
>> error: Magick++ exception: Magick: No decode delegate for this image format
>> (/home/rik/wip/Projects_Mine/octave-dev/scripts/image/default.img) reported
>> by magick/constitute.c:8285 (ReadImage)
>> error: called from:
>> error:
>> /home/rik/wip/Projects_Mine/octave-dev/scripts/image/private/__imfinfo__.m
>> at line 63, column 10
>> error:
>> /home/rik/wip/Projects_Mine/octave-dev/scripts/image/private/imageIO.m at
>> line 64, column 26
>> error:   /home/rik/wip/Projects_Mine/octave-dev/scripts/image/imfinfo.m at
>> line 123, column 8
>> error:
>> /home/rik/wip/Projects_Mine/octave-dev/scripts/image/private/__imread__.m at
>> line 59, column 8
>> error:
>> /home/rik/wip/Projects_Mine/octave-dev/scripts/image/private/imageIO.m at
>> line 64, column 26
>> error:   /home/rik/wip/Projects_Mine/octave-dev/scripts/image/imread.m at
>> line 102, column 24
>> error:   /home/rik/wip/Projects_Mine/octave-dev/scripts/image/image.m at
>> line 65, column 9
>>
>> Could you take a look at this?
> [...]
8/5/13

Carnë,

I'm bringing this on to the Maintainer's list.

What should the default behavior be if you call image() with no arguments?
Does Matlab automatically invent an image?  Or does it create an image with
no data?

It seems like the sensible thing would be to either warn that the function
was called incorrectly or to create a null image object in the same way
that text() will create a valid text object, but with the string set to "".

--Rik