menubar visibility

From: Rik
Subject: menubar visibility
Date: Thu, 01 Aug 2013 10:24:05 -0700

8/1/13

Ben,

Thanks to your changeset the figure position property seems to work fine
now.  The menubar was still getting displayed for a new figure so I
overhauled __add_default_menu__.m.  I have to force the menubar to be
displayed and then turn it off again in order for FLTK to actually hide the
bar.  I did this, but it is a hack and should be replaced by some code in
__init_fltk__.cc at some point in the future.

See http://hg.savannah.gnu.org/hgweb/octave/rev/e4968b4613a5

changeset:   17136:e4968b4613a5
tag:         tip
user:        Rik <address@hidden>
date:        Thu Aug 01 10:18:54 2013 -0700
files:       scripts/plot/figure.m scripts/plot/private/__add_default_menu__.m
Overhaul default menubar (still not perfect).

* scripts/plot/figure.m: Always call __add_default_menu__.

* scripts/plot/private/__add_default_menu__.m: Check that toolkit is FLTK
before proceeding.  Don't do redundant check that input is figure handle.
Don't turn off handlevisibility for submenus, they are already hidden
from above.  Restrict findall() search to a depth of 1.  Add __default_menu__
tags to Edit and Help menus so they can be identified.  Don't call drawnow
unnecessarily in callback routines.  Use gcbf() so that Save filename is
stored on a per figure basis rather than globally.  Eliminate assigning
to unused variables.  Add HACK to turn off menubar if property is set to
"none" on figure.

--Rik