Re: Audiorecorder/Player segfault

From: Mike Miller
Subject: Re: Audiorecorder/Player segfault
Date: Wed, 24 Jul 2013 23:21:38 -0400

On Wed, Jul 24, 2013 at 11:13 AM, pantxo diribarne
<address@hidden> wrote:
> Vytautas,
>
> Following the last post on your blog [1], I tested audiorecorder on mac
> (octave 3.6.3, portaudio 2.19, both from fink) using the following call:
>
> recorder = audiorecorder (44100, 16, 2);
> record (recorder, 10);  # Here I checked no body could hear me singing in
> front of my computer for 15 s
> player = audioplayer (recorder);
> play (player)
>
> I could hear my voice singing for 10 seconds before octave crash and return
> :
>
> octave:6> panic: Segmentation fault: 11 -- stopping myself...
> attempting to save variables to `octave-core'...
> error: octave_base_value::save_binary(): wrong type argument `audioplayer'
> save to `octave-core' complete
> Segmentation fault: 11
>
> With "playblocking" instead of  "play", It works once, but if I try twice I
> obtain:
>
> octave:4> playblocking (player)
> octave:5> playblocking (player)
> error: audioplayer: Error stoping audio playback stream
> error: called from:
> error:   /Users/pdiribarne/dev/octave-sound/@audioplayer/playblocking.m at
> line 14, column 3
> octave:5>

I get similar behavior on Linux as well, no segfault though. The audio
plays through fine every time I call either play or playblocking. With
playblocking I see the same error message on the second play through.
Also this:

  octave:32> playblocking (player);
  octave:33> player
  error: audiorecorder: Error checking stream activity status
  error: called from:
  error:   /home/mike/src/octave/octave-sound/@audioplayer/__get_properties__.m
at line -1, column -1
  error: evaluating argument list element number 1
  error:   /home/mike/src/octave/octave-sound/@audioplayer/display.m
at line 7, column 3

--
mike