Re: changes to graphics.cc and subplot.m

From: PhilipNienhuis
Subject: Re: changes to graphics.cc and subplot.m
Date: Fri, 19 Jul 2013 12:25:18 -0700 (PDT)

bpabbott wrote

<http://octave.1599824.n4.nabble.com/file/n4655822/FLTK.png>

<http://octave.1599824.n4.nabble.com/file/n4655822/Matlab.png>

> The results are consistent, but are also more esthetic than your example.
> Can you provide a short script which I can run through Matlab to see how
> it behaves?
>
> In any event, I do think the margins between the subplots are too generous
> and can be reduced.

Well it occurred to me that my last Octave build also includes Pantxo's and
Rik's axes patches.

I tried to backout those but I get something like "uncommitted changes in
subrepo gnulib-hg" :-(
(I'm often at war with mercurial for some reason)
Any hints?

I'll upload a part of the script; it needs a function 'plotbrug.m" (also
attached).

As to esthetics, I've got no opinion.
The script + plot function have been made by a colleague who exclusively
works with Matlab.

Philip

Brug_test.m <http://octave.1599824.n4.nabble.com/file/n4655824/Brug_test.m>

plotbrug.m <http://octave.1599824.n4.nabble.com/file/n4655824/plotbrug.m>