Re: Release Plans

From: Daniel J Sebald
Subject: Re: Release Plans
Date: Sat, 06 Jul 2013 10:38:59 -0500

On 07/06/2013 05:36 AM, Torsten wrote:
On 05.07.2013 22:22, Daniel J Sebald wrote:

There was a short list of criticals a few weeks back (to which I will
add one, breakpoints):

1) MinGW/MXE build
2) Bug #38785

If the re-docking behavior introduced by the fix for this bug is not
acceptable we need to reopen the bug or open a new bug report.

This issue I'm not so familiar with (no Windows). Perhaps this was fixed with the changeset noted in the bug report

http://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?38785

that may have been posted after the time of the original conversation.

3) SIGCHILD (and possibly other) signal handlers (Patch #7949 and Bug
#38305)

If both bugs (considering the issue mentioned in patch #7949 as a bug,
too) are caused by the same issue (signal handler) I suggest to open a
new bug report for and close the other to reports.

I'm pretty sure these are the same, because both people who reported problems were able to fix them by commenting out the line in the core code that sets the SIGCHILD handler.

http://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?38305#comment36

We could also close patch #7949 and just leave bug #38305 open (place a short comment at the front with a reference to patch #7949), unless you feel the title isn't accurate enough.

Dan