Re: GSoC project - LaTeX/TeX

From: Patrick Noffke
Subject: Re: GSoC project - LaTeX/TeX
Date: Wed, 26 Jun 2013 21:46:40 -0500

On Wed, Jun 26, 2013 at 8:13 PM, Ben Abbott <address@hidden> wrote:

>         http://www.fourmilab.ch/webtools/textogif/

This is very interesting.  I like the -res option to control the
oversampling for reducing aliasing.  dvipng has a -Q option that
controls the level of antialiasing, but that might not apply to all
fonts.

Andrej, would you be able to compare the quality of image produced
with the two methods for various levels of antialiasing?  Experiment
with some different types of LaTeX text if possible.

We probably can't use textogif directly because of the extra
dependencies, but it would still be interesting, and possibly useful
for the final solution.

Pat