Re: ITSOL interface

From: Nir Krakauer
Subject: Re: ITSOL interface
Date: Wed, 26 Jun 2013 05:16:12 -0400

> On the symmetric case (ichol) I want to work on after the midterm. First I
> want to concentrate on the other ILUs included into ITSOL and complex
> decomposition versions.

Makes sense to me.

> As far as I figured out, there was no implementation of ILUS from Saad's book
> in ITSOL. But yes, it's a very
> good starting point for the ichols (haven't considered that ILUS is the ichol
> case, thanks for this idea c.).

There seems to be software for this as part of something called
ILUPACK: http://www.icm.tu-bs.de/~bolle/ilupack/
Unfortunately, the license excludes commercial use. Maybe you can
contact the authors and ask if they would be willing to release it
under the GPL?

> I have posted how I use ITSOL on my system and wish to be included to the
> debian packages, but I still haven't seen any progress.
> http://siko1056-gsoc.blogspot.de/2013/06/getting-itsol-to-work.html

That's fine for now. We can figure out how to include the ITSOL
dependency in Octave at a later stage.