RE: Building Octave w MXE-built dependencies (2)

From: John D
Subject: RE: Building Octave w MXE-built dependencies (2)
Date: Fri, 21 Jun 2013 09:24:05 -0400

-----Original Message-----
From: Philip Nienhuis [mailto:address@hidden
Sent: Friday, June 21, 2013 9:14 AM
To: John D
Cc: 'John W. Eaton'; 'Octave Maintainers List'

John D wrote:

> [...]
parse-tree/oct-gperf.h-t1 case "" in \
>             *quote*) quote='"' ;; \
>             *) quote="" ;; \
>           esac; \
>           case "" in \
>             *dash*) decl="%define api.push-pull ${quote}both${quote}"; ;;
\
>             *underscore*) decl="%define api.push_pull
> ${quote}both${quote}"; ;; \
>           esac; \
>           /bin/sed "s/%PUSH_PULL_DECL%/$decl/"
> ../../octave/libinterp/parse-tree/oct-parse.in.yy>
> parse-tree/oct-parse.yy-t mv parse-tree/oct-parse.yy-t
> parse-tree/oct-parse.yy /bin/sh ../../octave/build-aux/ylwrap
> parse-tree/oct-parse.yy y.tab.c parse-tree/oct-parse.cc y.tab.
> h parse-tree/oct-parse.h y.output parse-tree/oct-parse.output --   -dv
> ../../octave/build-aux/ylwrap: line 108: -dv: command not found
> make[2]: *** [parse-tree/oct-parse.cc] Error 1
>

> I've experimented a bit but I couldn't spot where the offending "-dv"
> came from.
> The isolated "--" comes from libinterp/Makefile (L. 9053).
>
> Any suggestions?
>
> Philip
>
> -------------
>
> Not sure if it has anything to do with it, but when running each of
> the following, what versions are they?
> bison --version
> flex --version
> gperf --version

FYI, flex comes from mingw-get (after updating & upgrading so I suppose it
should be up-to-date).
bison and gperf have been built using mxe as build-bison and build-gperf

address@hidden ~/octave
$ bison --version
bison (GNU Bison) 2.7.12-4996
Written by Robert Corbett and Richard Stallman.

This is free software; see the source for copying conditions.  There is
NO warranty; not even for MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR
PURPOSE.

address@hidden ~/octave
$ flex --version
flex 2.5.35

address@hidden ~/octave
$ gperf --version
GNU gperf 3.0.4
Copyright (C) 1989-1998, 2000-2004, 2006-2009 Free Software Foundation, Inc.
<http://gnu.org/licenses/gpl.html>
Written by Douglas C. Schmidt and Bruno Haible.

Ok - I mentioned in a  previous email the other day about bison that gets
built with mxe - at least in native mingw - not sure of why it doesn't work,
but the fix is:

Delete usr/bin/bison.exe from the mxe build
Run Mingw-get install msys-bison  to get the msys version of bison
Bison --version should the give 2.4.2
Rerun the configure and make again