Re: Audio playback and classes

From: Mike Miller
Subject: Re: Audio playback and classes
Date: Tue, 18 Jun 2013 16:00:57 -0400

On Tue, Jun 18, 2013 at 15:15:23 -0400, Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso wrote:
> On 17 June 2013 16:08, Vytautas Jancauskas <address@hidden> wrote:
>
>> I have a question relating to octave classes. For the moment player is
>> implemented as a C++ class that inherits from octave_base_value. What
>> is required to convert it to proper octave class?
>
> There are two ways. One that is implemented in default and another in
> the classdef branch. The one in default is documented in the manual:

That is the implementation we are targeting, we don't need classdef
for this project.

If I can try to rephrase part of the original question that hasn't
been addressed, since I talked with Vytautas about this earlier and I
didn't know:

>> Must I implement
>> wrappers in octave code for stuff such as get and set methods to work
>> or is it possible to do everything from C++?

If we want to override the get() and set() functions for a new Octave
class, audioplayer in this case, do those functions have to exist as
m-files in a @audioplayer directory or can they be done in one or more
C++ oct-files? If they can be implemented in C++, do those oct-files
have to be put in an @audioplayer directory on the path for the
override to work? And since we do plan to incorporate this project
into Octave proper eventually, what would be the best style to pursue
for inclusion in Octave?

Thanks.

--
mike