Re: cleaning list of octave forge developers

From: Carnë Draug
Subject: Re: cleaning list of octave forge developers
Date: Tue, 18 Jun 2013 15:52:50 +0100

On 18 June 2013 08:57, Juan Pablo Carbajal <address@hidden> wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 18, 2013 at 3:36 AM, Carnë Draug <address@hidden> wrote:

>>> Yes. The SVN links should be replaced by Code with a link to the new
>>> page http://octave.sourceforge.net/code.html
>>
>> Oh! The developers instructions at
>> http://octave.sourceforge.net/developers.html also need a major
>> rewrite. I'm in favor of having that link redirect to a page on the
>> wiki.
>>
>> Carnë
>
> Hi,
>
> What is the ultimate tool for the migration form svn to hg?
> I think people want to keep the history, right?
> Otherwise I would go
> svn export
> and then commit the result to the hg repo.
>
> Let me know.

Yes, we are keeping the history. I've started doing it slowly, one
package at a time. Leaving some packages to the end because they
either had many binary files committed by accident that I would like
to strip from history, or because they have common history with other
packages (for example, teh time package which was merged into
financial).

Carnë