RE: blog update #2

From: Marco Vassallo
Subject: RE: blog update #2
Date: Mon, 17 Jun 2013 23:05:45 +0200

> Subject: Re: blog update #2
> From: address@hidden
> Date: Fri, 14 Jun 2013 12:34:25 +0200
> To: address@hidden
> CC: address@hidden
>

> On 14 Jun 2013, at 12:31, Marco Vassallo <address@hidden> wrote:
>

> > > Subject: Re: blog update #2
> > > From: address@hidden
> > > Date: Fri, 14 Jun 2013 12:07:31 +0200
> > > CC: address@hidden
> > > To: address@hidden

> > > This 3D maesh: http://fenicsproject.org/pub/data/meshes/aneurysm.xml.gz
> > > from the dolfin examples page: http://fenicsproject.org/download/data.html#data
> > >
> > > includes boundary markers.
> > > c.
> >
> > Hi, I asked some days ago to Fenics mainteiners if:
> >
> > " When I read a function from a .xml file, is there any way in which I
> > can know if something like boundary_markers, sub-domains, colours had been
> > defined on the mesh??
> > >
> > > We do not store a MeshFunction in the mesh anymore. Instead we store
> > > MeshDomains with MeshValueCollections. These only store values for
> > > entities which has a boundary value. In a MeshValueCollection are the
> > > mesh entity stored using the cell number and the local mesh-entity
> > > number. This interface has also seen some recent changes in the
> > > development version and it has not fully stabilized.
> > >
> > > You can check if a mesh has MeshDomains by:
> > >
> > > mesh.domains().is_empty()
> >
> > "
> >
> > This is what we should do? Check if the Mesh has some useful information
> > and eventually store them in our format?
> >
> > Marco
>
> Yes, this sounds like the info we need!
> BTW, I am happy to see that the FEnics developers are being so collaborative, that's very good news!
> c.

Hi, I'm trying to add the data stored in the dolfin xml file to the (p,e,t) matrix.
I have some questions about how the code should be designed:
1)
Create p,e,t
if( additional information available)
  add extra information

In this case I have to store an extra map which stores the information
number_of_dolfin_face_idx -> number_of_octave_face_idx

2)
If additional information is stored
   ( create p,e,t, in some way)
else
   (create p,e,t, in another way)

Is there any recommended way for optimization/clarity?

Marco