sqp change

From: Ken Marek
Subject: sqp change
Date: Thu, 13 Jun 2013 11:31:59 -0400

Hi,
I've been using the sqp optimization function, and I noticed that it makes a lot more objective function calls than it needs to, especially when no separate gradient function is supplied. This is problematic if the objective function is computationally expensive and/or has a lot of input dimensions. I've generated the attached diff file which removes redundant calls and otherwise leaves functionality exactly the same.

As this is my first contribution I'm not entirely sure of the process going forward, so please let me know if I need to take any other actions regarding this change.

Thanks,
Ken Marek