Re: Workspace dialog on MacOS X

From: Torsten
Subject: Re: Workspace dialog on MacOS X
Date: Mon, 10 Jun 2013 19:29:00 +0200

On 10.06.2013 01:45, Daniel J Sebald wrote:
> The "Editor Styles" might be something done by QScintilla code.  BTW, is
> what you are seeing in Editor Styles a big font?  Or is it small like
> the "Storage Class Colors" in your sample image?

The displayed information is directly taken from Qscintilla's lexers but
not how they are shown and formatted in the settings dialog.

> [snip]
>
> This spacing should really be handled in a non-fixed way.  Torsten, I
> see that you are using a general algorithm to layout the colors in a
> grid, as opposed to creating them all inside Designer Qt.  I would guess
> that the created objects:
>
>       description[i] = new QLabel (class_names.at (i));
>
> are not using the same font size as the layout.  You might need to set
> description[] (QLabel) font via
>
> void     setPixelSize ( int pixelSize )
> void     setPointSize ( int pointSize )
> void     setPointSizeF ( qreal pointSize )
>
> to match the grid spacing, or the opposite, grid spacing to match the
> larger font's point size via
>
> int     pixelSize () const
> int     pointSize () const
> qreal     pointSizeF () const

To my knowledge, the default font is used when no font is explicitly set
and the grid height expands to the necessary size when no height is set.
But I had put a QGroupBox with fixed size around the grid layout which
probably prevented the grid from expanding. After Ben's changeset the
box is expanding and the workspace tab looks good even for very large fonts.

Torsten