Re: Workspace dialog on MacOS X

From: Ben Abbott
Subject: Re: Workspace dialog on MacOS X
Date: Mon, 10 Jun 2013 08:33:06 +0000 (GMT)

On Jun 10, 2013, at 01:12 AM, Torsten <address@hidden> wrote:

On 10.06.2013 06:15, Abbott, Ben wrote:
> On Jun 10, 2013, at 12:01 PM, Abbott, Ben wrote:

>>> Oh, I see what you meant, the C++ code routine
>>>
>>> settings_dialog::read_workspace_colors (QSettings *settings)
>>>
>>> Yeah, things could be tweaked there by controlling the stretch between columns of the QGridLayout and so on. But things look pretty good now. Why is the right edge being cut off of your settings dialogs? In the Workspace image the right color boxes have a missing edge. In the Editor Styles image you sent earlier the word
> "textcolor" is cut off.
>>>
>>> Dan
>>
>> I recreated the Workspace tab. Neither the QTabWidget, QVBoxLayout, or the QGroupBox (workspace_colors_box) extend beyond the window. However, the red line indicating the right edge of the QVBoxLayout appears to be one pixel to the right of the viewable area. Can you are Torsten tweak the c++ code to shrink the column width?
>>
>> Regarding the Editor Styles image, I hadn't noticed the "textcolor" being cut off. I'll take a look at that.
>
> Looking at the Editor Settings tab in Qt Designer, the QVBoxLayout is
> much wider than the dialog. That is easily fixed. A changeset is
> attached. I'll wait on confirmation before pushing.
>
> Ben

I don't have the time to have a closer look at the patches but they seem
to look okay. Please go ahead an push them, thanks.

Torsten

I've also pushed a changeset to prevent the color widget from extending beyond the right edge of the dialog.

http://hg.savannah.gnu.org/hgweb/octave/rev/f71998dda3da

Ben