Re: Octave Gui Bug (Maybe)

From: John Donoghue
Subject: Re: Octave Gui Bug (Maybe)
Date: Wed, 5 Jun 2013 16:09:01 -0400

Date: Wed, 5 Jun 2013 14:24:36 -0400
From: Patrick Martin <address@hidden>
To: address@hidden

Yes, I am trying to open an existing m-file that I previously made in
Matlab. Typing edit, or clicking on the "Script" button causes no response.
I also do not see any errors at the command prompt within the Octave GUI. I
am using Ubuntu 12.04 with the XFCE window manager.

Patrick

On Wed, Jun 5, 2013 at 2:01 PM, Daniel J Sebald <address@hidden>wrote:

> On 06/05/2013 12:50 PM, Patrick Martin wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> I pulled down the most recent source for Octave and it built
>> successfully. When I run octave, it correctly pulls up the gui and the
>> command line works fine. However, the buttons for opening a script file,
>> or calling "edit somthing.m" nothing happens. Did I miss a library
>> during compile time? Should I grab a different branch to compile?
>>

> Hi Patrick,
>
> You are trying to open an existing file?  What happens afterward?  Does
> the GUI appear to act as normal or is there strange behavior?  What OS and
> what environment are you using, e.g., linux/ubuntu/KDE?
>
> Dan

Out of interest sake, if you click on the "new" file button on the editor, does it display a new file window? I am wondering whether QScintilla was enabled?

John