Re: Octave Gui Bug (Maybe)

From: Daniel J Sebald
Subject: Re: Octave Gui Bug (Maybe)
Date: Wed, 05 Jun 2013 13:35:45 -0500

On 06/05/2013 01:24 PM, Patrick Martin wrote:
Yes, I am trying to open an existing m-file that I previously made in
Matlab. Typing edit, or clicking on the "Script" button causes no
response. I also do not see any errors at the command prompt within the
Octave GUI. I am using Ubuntu 12.04 with the XFCE window manager.

Interesting. This may be the first example of someone using XFCE and the GUI. Could you please try the following? In the source tree, look for the file ./libinterp/interpfcn/sighandlers.cc. Edit that file by commenting out the following line somewhere around Lines 472-474 (sighandlers.cc)

#ifdef SIGCHLD
// octave_set_signal_handler (SIGCHLD, sigchld_handler);
#endif

and recompile. Let us know how that goes. Since Qt tries to use native resources, this will test whether XFCE is using child processes to some extent.

Dan

Patrick

On Wed, Jun 5, 2013 at 2:01 PM, Daniel J Sebald <address@hidden