Re: New strsplit function

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Re: New strsplit function
Date: Mon, 03 Jun 2013 07:05:03 -0500

On 05/16/2013 03:34 AM, Ben Abbott wrote:

I've untangled the "legacy" option from the rest, and added some tests.  This "should" be
compatible with Matlab.  If its ok with you, I'll push this and follow up with another change to introduce
cstrsplit.m and remove the "legacy" code form strsplit.m

Sorry, I missed this message until now when I was looking to see what had happened with this change.

Yes, go ahead and apply the change. Unfortunately, there may be some conflicts now as I see there was a recent change to strsplit.m to improve input argument checking.

I'm not sure about the name cstrsplit. The cstrcat function was named that way because it behaves more like the C library function strcat, not because it is compatible with previous versions of Octave. Maybe ostrsplit (o == old) instead?