GSoC - Incomplete factorization project, ITSOL

From: Kai Torben Ohlhus
Subject: GSoC - Incomplete factorization project, ITSOL
Date: Wed, 29 May 2013 11:53:58 +0200

Thank you for being selected for GSoC 2013 first!

I'm very excited about who is all involved in this project. Especially
Riupeng Li, I would like to talk about your plans and ideas for the
incomplete factorization project. Do you have a wiki.octave.org or
another project related page? Your homepage
http://www-users.cs.umn.edu/~rli/ really impressed me a lot. You seem to
have a huge expertise on the ITSOL library.

Another question is, if Othman Darraz
(http://wiki.octave.org/User:Darrazo) is still working on the project.
He isn't participating in GSoC this year, right?

My current plan, after studying the preconditioning chapters of Saad's
book and having a closer look at ITSOL, was to interface ITSOL for
Octave like earlier suggested
(http://octave.1599824.n4.nabble.com/Re-Octave-maintainers-Digest-Vol-80-Issue-15-td4646303.html).
So far I checked out octave-forge via SVN and started an extra-package
"itsol" (not pushed so far), which could later be integrated to the
octave-core. But now I'm really afraid to do the same work as Riupeng Li
might already do and I think it is better to get to know each others
plans first.

@Jordi G. H.: I started a blog on http://siko1056-gsoc.blogspot.com

Kai.