Re: ... indentation bug http://debbugs.gnu.org/14399

From: Richard Crozier
Subject: Re: ... indentation bug http://debbugs.gnu.org/14399
Date: Wed, 15 May 2013 13:29:13 +0100

On 15/05/2013 13:19, Juan Pablo Carbajal wrote:
On Wed, May 15, 2013 at 1:56 PM, Leo Liu <address@hidden> wrote:
Hi there,

Could someone respond to http://debbugs.gnu.org/14399 with details on
how ... is supposed to be indented? Not just in the case that the bug
reporter described.

Leo

Hi,
The solution

vec = [...
         one;...
            two;...
               three];

looks acceptable t me. I do not know if there is any rule about
indentation in GNU Octave. Maybe they were expecting

vec = [...
          one;...
          two;...
          three];

My two cents

in the matlab editor the smart indenting is like this in this case:

vec = [...
    one;...
    two;...
    three];

Not that this is necessarily what should be done. Personally I would prefer

vec = [...
       one;...
       two;...
       three ];

In matlab this can be achieved by manually setting the spacing in the first newline which is then copied to subsequent lines by the auto-indent.

Richard

Scotland, with registration number SC005336.