Re: Octave-maintainers Digest, Vol 86, Issue 25

From: Daniel J Sebald
Subject: Re: Octave-maintainers Digest, Vol 86, Issue 25
Date: Tue, 14 May 2013 15:26:41 -0500

On 05/14/2013 02:42 PM, John Donoghue wrote:

On Tue, May 14, 2013 at 3:10 PM, Daniel J Sebald <address@hidden
<mailto:address@hidden>> wrote:
[snip]
        You could look at it from the point of view that Scintilla is
        used by
        notepad++ as well as many other projects (including QScintilla) so
        should be where effort is made.
        However, it then has to make its way into QScintilla which is what
        everyone is linking against with octave.

    OK.  Sounds like the second scenario above is preferred then.  (And
    as I understand it, that currently isn't how things are set up.
      There is no separate lexer for Octave in scintilla.)  I don't have
    a full understanding of how those libraries are compiled.  It could
    be something where QSci creates a library that links all of
    Scintilla with it.  Or it could be minimalist in the sense that QSci
    is just a shell with minor tweaks and Qt-like interface that
    references a separate Scintilla library.

    Dan

Two modules are defined in LexMatlab.cxx:
LexerModule lmMatlab(SCLEX_MATLAB, ColouriseMatlabDoc, "matlab",
FoldMatlabDoc, matlabWordListDesc);
LexerModule lmOctave(SCLEX_OCTAVE, ColouriseOctaveDoc, "octave",
FoldOctaveDoc, octaveWordListDesc)
Both share the same lexer code, however can have differing keyword lists

Is this the up-to-date repository code?

https://github.com/Amorph/scintilla/blob/master/lexers/LexMatlab.cxx

I don't see any keywords in there. Neither is there anything about color and highlight info. The most I see pertains to documentation formatting. Did the QScintilla folks just decide to add those keyword features themselves instead of going back to the Scintilla source and maintain that?

Dan