Re: Aw: The octave-unstable PPA

From: Daniel J Sebald
Subject: Re: Aw: The octave-unstable PPA
Date: Tue, 14 May 2013 13:07:06 -0500

On 05/14/2013 12:48 PM, Stefan Mahr wrote:

I don't know what the
download statistics are like, but I am uncomfortable with Octave's
reputation being tarnished by the wide release of an alpha release
(it's obtained from alpha.gnu.org, after all).
Is it possible to make this PPA private or less prominent?

Around 20 downloads per version. I would not call it very prominent.

Twenty downloads isn't very many, but please hold off distributing anything with the new GUI if that is what's in question. We are aware it is unstable and is being reshaped at a fast pace and consequently has many bugs. My worry is that we start getting a flood of bug reports on problems that we are finding ourselves on a daily basis.

Dan