Re: gsoc2013 octave audio system

From: Vytautas Jancauskas
Subject: Re: gsoc2013 octave audio system
Date: Mon, 13 May 2013 15:45:20 +0300

>> I fixed both of these issues. Added some more unit tests. Any advice
>> on how to make the proposal stronger would be greatly appreciated
>> since the deadline is tomorow.
>

> I read your application on octave-wiki (don't know how to access your
> melange profile):
> - it seems to me that you should insist on your previous successful gsoc
> experiences,
> - one of octave developers regrets is that most gsoc students don't remain
> active after gsoc deadline. You answer to the related question is somewhat
> vague ...
> - I would avoid smiley in the definite submission :-)
>

> About audiodevinfo :
> octave:1> audiodevinfo (1, 147)
> error: audiodevinfo: this device does not have any input channels
>
> Here I would expect something like "device 147 does not exist".
>
> octave:4> SUPPORTS = audiodevinfo(1, 1, 44100, 16, 3)
>
> Expression 'parameters->channelCount <= maxChans' failed in
> 'src/hostapi/alsa/pa_linux_alsa.c', line: 1438
> Expression 'ValidateParameters( inputParameters, hostApi, StreamDirection_In
> )' failed in 'src/hostapi/alsa/pa_linux_alsa.c', line: 1772
> SUPPORTS = 0
>
> For this 5 argument call , the output is correct but the warning message
> appears. Could you eliminate it as you did for the 4 args call?
>
> Pantxo

Fixed both issues. I have added a note about my GSoC experience to the
wiki. I can't believe I forgot to include it in to the melange
proposal but oh well. The smileys are actually not mine, but part of
the original template :) I think I answered the concerns about my
involvement in octave in the melange comments.