GSoC 2013 - GUI

From: Marcos Cardinot
Subject: GSoC 2013 - GUI
Date: Sun, 28 Apr 2013 16:20:56 -0300

Hello!

My name is Marcos Cardinot and I am in the fourth year of
Computer Engineering at the Rio de Janeiro State University, Brazil.

I am very interested in applying a proposal for the Octave this year,
as this would be an excellent opportunity for me to join the community
and be a permanent contributor.

I understand the importance of dedication to the project,
so I can guarantee that I will be absolutely free for GSoC and
that I can accomplish much more than 40 hours per week.

Last year I participated in the GSoC and developed many
GUI tools for Scilab, for example, a plot browser, graphic editor...

Just like Scilab, Octave is also extremely used at my university
and I really would very much like use my experience to contribute
new features to the Octave!

I could contribute with things like:
-Finish the Octave GUI
-Graphic Editor
-Plot Browser

So, I would know what is more interesting for this GSoC,
a proposal for the completion of the work in progress or the
development of new tools for handling graphics and interactivity.

Best regards,
Marcos Cardinot