Re: Binary packages for Qt development on RHEL 5 or 6 systems

From: Mike Miller
Subject: Re: Binary packages for Qt development on RHEL 5 or 6 systems
Date: Mon, 22 Apr 2013 20:31:11 -0400

On Mon, Apr 22, 2013 at 7:51 PM, John W. Eaton wrote:
> On 04/22/2013 07:40 PM, Mike Miller wrote:
>>
>> On Mon, Apr 22, 2013 at 6:56 PM, John W. Eaton wrote:
>>>
>>> Is anyone here building the current development version of Octave for
>>> RHEL 5
>>> or 6 with Qt?
>>

>> I am pretty sure I have built it for RHEL 6 with Qt, I'll try again
>> this evening and report back.
>>
>> RHEL 5 is a non-starter.
>

> What about building Qt 4.8.x on RHEL 5?

I have not tried; it might work if the dependencies are not too strict.

>>> Are there binary packages for Qt development for these systems?
>>

>> Yes for both, part of the Red Hat distro proper, but RHEL 5 is (you
>> guessed it) out of date at Qt 4.2 and our libgui will not build. That
>> could be an angle for selling binary packages for RHEL 5 with Qt
>> support included.
>>
>>> If so, where are they, and what needs to be done to install them?
>>

>> yum install qt-devel (or qt4-devel on RHEL 5, FWIW).
>

> Thanks.  What about qscintilla?

You will have to add the EPEL repository (probably already enabled for
other Octave dependecies) and yum install qscintilla-devel.

Ok I just hit an error building on RHEL 6 with qscintilla 2.4: 'class
QsciScintilla' has no member named 'setFirstVisibleLine'. If I comment
that line out the build finishes and I get a working GUI.

--
mike