Re: Some issues with recent GUI version

From: PhilipNienhuis
Subject: Re: Some issues with recent GUI version
Date: Tue, 16 Apr 2013 14:23:11 -0700 (PDT)

John W. Eaton wrote
> On 04/15/2013 06:18 PM, John W. Eaton wrote:
>
>>> - Interrupting a script or a time-consuming command doesn't work
>>> (anymore?)
>>> in the GUI.
>>> Ctrl-C works OK in the CLI. Easily checked with "demo plotyy" when it
>>> prompts for Enter.
>>
>> Gah. OK, I'll try to track this down.
>
> It works for me with the latest version I built for Windows, but not
> with the current sources when I build for GNU/Linux.  Has it ever
> worked?  Can someone point to an hg ID where it was working?

As to Windows, IIRC this has worked in the MinGW built test versions I could
build (but I haven't been able to build w. MinGW since a long time) and the
MXE versions (I still have one from March 5, 2013 where it works, too).
In the various MSVC-based versions Ctrl-C always led to hard-crashing Octave
(i.e., the complete GUI disappeared immediately), except in Michael
Goffioul's 3.7.2+ test version.

On Linux I can't remember to have ever tried until a few days back.

Philip