Re: Using FreedomSponsors or Bountysource for Octave

From: Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso
Subject: Re: Using FreedomSponsors or Bountysource for Octave
Date: Wed, 10 Apr 2013 10:20:46 -0400

On 10 April 2013 10:08, Andy Buckle <address@hidden> wrote:

> Another idea: how about kickstarter? If some extra features are arranged
> into groups, they can be stretch goals for a project. Something similar for
> a group of bugs.

Kickstarter has a number of limitations, the most severe of which is
that it can only send money to people in the United States.

FreedomSponsors already have something that is very much like
Kickstarter. In fact, they even call it kickstarting. Bountysource's
"funding" ideas are similar. I don't think Kickstarter is quite right
for this, but Bountysource and FreedomSponsors are specifically targed
for what we would like to do for Octave.

- Jordi G. H.