workspace viewer layout

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: workspace viewer layout
Date: Mon, 08 Apr 2013 12:27:22 -0400

Wile modifying the workspace connection/model/viewer, it occurred to
me that it does not add much to have the separate collapsible lists
for local, global, and persistent variables.

The viewer is almost always displaying info for the top-level symbol
table which can't have persistent values and probably rarely has many
global values.  It seems to me that it would make more sense to add a
separate column to indicate global status.

Would it be difficult to make the workspace view use a table instead
of the tree view thing?  I looked at it, but I'm not familiar enough
with the Qt model classes and it wasn't obvious to me how to do it.
Some help with this job would be much appreciated.