Re: default font for GUI on Windows systems

From: Richard Crozier
Subject: Re: default font for GUI on Windows systems
Date: Fri, 29 Mar 2013 17:16:58 +0000

On 29/03/2013 17:12, John W. Eaton wrote:
On 03/29/2013 01:00 PM, Richard Crozier wrote:

How about shipping a backup font with the gui and using it as a fallback
in the event that the other fonts are not available (e.g. Inconsolata or
source sans). You don't have to register the font on the system to use
it in your application, this worked with QtOctave.

OK, how do we do that? What files do we need to include and where should they be installed?

Or better yet, a changeset to do it would be nice.  :-)

jwe

I will have a look later in the QtOctave sources to see how it was done. I will report this, and if you're prepared to wait for some time I will eventually produce a changeset, but I'm up to my eyeballs with other stuff at the min unfortunately.

I do remember there was an issue with Inconsolata in the editor which meant it was no longer monospaced when bold, but I think this was a QTextEdit issue.

Richard

Scotland, with registration number SC005336.