Re: Octave-link for COMSOL

From: fabien amiot
Subject: Re: Octave-link for COMSOL
Date: Thu, 28 Mar 2013 13:29:12 +0100

On 28/03/2013 12:58, Richard Crozier wrote:
On 28/03/2013 11:50, c. wrote:
On 28 Mar 2013, at 12:41, fotis <address@hidden> wrote:

Or FreeFem++ [1] maybe which is the software I prefer since everything is integrated (from mesh generation to solvers)

/Fotis
Unlike FEniCS FreeFem is not organized as a library but rather as an application with its own scripting language, so the use of linking it with Octave is not completely clear to me.
c.

There is also FAESOR (http://hogwarts.ucsd.edu/~pkrysl/faesor/faesor_publish.html) which does 2D and 3D thermal, elctrostatics and mechanics, and is all in plain m-code.

Designed for ML, but it does work in Octave, although I have not done extensive testing. Some day I might look into packaging this for Octave.

Richard

That reminds me an older discussion :

http://permalink.gmane.org/gmane.comp.gnu.octave.devel/7350

(we already succeded with couple of things with GetFem, but miss some time for testing/improvement)

Fabien

--
Fabien AMIOT
Chargé de recherche CNRS en colere / cross Research Associate