Re: Octave-3.7.2+/Windows [VS2010] available

From: Júlio Hoffimann
Subject: Re: Octave-3.7.2+/Windows [VS2010] available
Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2013 20:51:59 -0300

I have tested the installer, sweet! Octave will gain a lot of terrain with it.

Best,
Júlio.

2013/2/28 Michael Goffioul <address@hidden>
On Thu, Feb 28, 2013 at 6:26 PM, forkandwait <address@hidden> wrote:
Michael Goffioul <michael.goffioul <at> gmail.com> writes:

> This typically occurs when the terminal font is not monospace. In the
> preferences dialog, go to the terminal tab and select a monospace font
> (like "Courier New" or "Lucida Console").

Courier New still had the same problem, but Lucida Console looks great.
Not sure why, but I can experiment and report if you have any ideas.

It might be due to non-integer font metrics. I'm still using WinXP 32 bits and I don't recall having any problem with "Courier New" font. See this for reference: https://git.reviewboard.kde.org/r/102899/

Michael.