RE: Octave GUI

From: Jacob Dawid
Subject: RE: Octave GUI
Date: Fri, 22 Feb 2013 22:22:26 +0100

Richa,

I want a MATLAB like IDE on rhel. Is there anything available which I
can install(apart from Xoctave) ?
On wiki page it is mentioned that with 4.0 will be an IDE,  when is
the release due?

Personally, I used Ubuntu GNU/Linux, so that's the distribution I have developed on and the GUI therefore runs most reliably. Because I do not use MATLAB (and when I started writing on the GUI, I even didn't use GNU Octave), I have made screenshots at university and tried to stick as close as possible to the MATLAB IDE as possible.

For the exact release date, I cannot give you a reliable answer. It will be released when it's reliable in the eyes of the GNU Octave community. Until then, you can retrieve the current development sources and build the latest GNU Octave, which already has a GUI by default.

Happy hacking,
Jacob