Re: GUI integration

From: Ben Abbott
Subject: Re: GUI integration
Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2013 21:03:02 -0500

On Feb 20, 2013, at 2:53 PM, Ruud Schilder wrote:

> Dear octave maintainers,
>
> I am interested in participating in the further development of octave, in
> particular the GUI development.
>
> I just build octave 3.6.3 (running mac os 10.8.2) succesfully, after which I
> found out about the developer version that is available.
>
> I am wondering if the GUI enabled developer version works on my operating
> system, and if so, should I completely uninstall my current version first
> before installing the developer version?
>
> Thanks for any help.
>
> Sincerely,
>
> Ruud Schilder

The GUI isn't quite ready for general use.  On MacOS X it has an additional
problem that the pager isn't working properly yet.

If you're built Octave, you can try the GUI by typing ./run-octave from the
directory containing the sources (as Daniel pointed out there is no need to
install Octave in order to run it).

Ben