Re: error building GUI on Mac OS-X 10.6.8

From: Andrea D'Amore
Subject: Re: error building GUI on Mac OS-X 10.6.8
Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2013 17:00:33 +0100

On Wed, Feb 20, 2013 at 2:25 PM, Ben Abbott <address@hidden> wrote:
>> In file included from ../../octave/libgui/src/m-editor/file-editor.h:34:0,
>>                 from ../../octave/libgui/src/main-window.cc:40:
>> ../../octave/libgui/src/m-editor/file-editor-tab.h:26:32: fatal error:
>> Qsci/qsciscintilla.h: No such file or directory

> My first guess is that qscintilla is not installed.

Yes, that's QScintilla port missing. I just built tip of default
branch using MacPorts and gcc45 port and I too had to install
Qscintilla.

Did you have any issue with -m64 and moc? My build broke since moc
couldn't understand it (it did recognize -arch though) and I had to
remove the arch option from CFLAGS and then continue building.

> (3) make -j4

Can you actually build using BSD make despite the README instructions?
I inadvertently ran make rather than gmake and had to build using a
single job. Then I realized I wasn't using gmake.

--
Andrea