Re: Hello, I am new

From: Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso
Subject: Re: Hello, I am new
Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2013 14:53:33 -0500

On 15 February 2013 14:32, Aniket Panse <address@hidden> wrote:

> On Sat, Feb 16, 2013 at 12:40 AM, Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso

>> Find a bug that is somewhere close to how you already use Octave, and
>> see if you can fix it. You should get yourself a dev setup so you can
>> debug Octave. The only way that I've managed to figure out how Octave
>> works is to step through it with a debugger. What's your preferred
>> IDE?
>

> I prefer using Eclipse with CDT. Sometimes I also use Sublime Text Editor 2.

Okay, I don't know anything about Eclipse. You'll have to compile
Octave with debug symbols as explained here:

    http://wiki.octave.org/Debugging_Octave

The ./run-octave script has some instructions for debugging Octave
in-place, but I'm not sure how to tie that up with Eclipse. If you
figure it out, please add it to the wiki.

You're of course already working from an hg clone, right?

- Jordi G. H.