Re: Testing MXE-Octave

From: Torsten
Subject: Re: Testing MXE-Octave
Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2013 06:31:21 +0100

On 11.02.2013 23:14, PhilipNienhuis wrote:
> John W. Eaton wrote
>> On 02/11/2013 01:38 PM, Philip Nienhuis wrote:
>>
>>> Here's some feedback on the most obvious glitches I found in the
>>> previous version (with 3.7.1 snapshot):
>>>
>> <snip>
>>>
>>> - The GUI's workspace pane isn't functional - entering something like "a
>>> = 10" doesn't make a show up in the workspace.
>>
>> Yeah, there are lots of problems with the GUI.  I don't think that these
>> problems are specific to the MXE cross build.
>
> IIRC it worked OK with the 3.7.1 snapshot on Linux, so I suspect is *is*
> related.
> The UPM version (admittedly based on 3.6.2) doesn't have this issue. On all
> recent Linux builds I've made the workspace pane works good as well.

AFAIK the workspace is updated by a timer and the UPM version does not
use timers (Israel, please correct me if I am wrong). This might explain
why the workspace of the MXE version does not work when the start of a
timer fails at the beginning.

Other problems I noticed with the MXE build:
- using at least 30% of cpu time even when idle
- only few fonts usable in the console due to wrong cursor positions

I think these problems are not specific to the MXE cross build but
generally to windows builds of the gui.

Torsten