Re: Fixing fltk printing

From: Michael D. Godfrey
Subject: Re: Fixing fltk printing
Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2013 11:20:54 -0500

On 01/15/2013 10:41 AM, Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso wrote:
The gl2ps method for plotting with fltk is very slow for moderately
complicated plots. How can we fix this? Fix gl2ps or use a completely
new method?

Additionally, I didn't realise this until recently, but it appears
that this method also spawns multiple gs processes? Isn't this the
source of our race conditions with fltk?

- Jordi G. H.
The gl2ps method seemed simplest at the time, but was never expected
to work all that well. It is slow and requires the plot to be visible. And,
you could be right that it causes the known race conditions.  It was worse,
but various patches have made it better.  I do hope that some graphics
expert can spend time on this to find a better method.

mdg