Re: Trouble merging stable to default

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Re: Trouble merging stable to default
Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2013 15:30:36 -0500

On 12-Jan-2013, Rik wrote:

| On 01/12/2013 01:31 AM, address@hidden wrote:
| > Message: 5
| > Date: Fri, 11 Jan 2013 22:27:36 -0500
| > From: "John W. Eaton" <address@hidden>
| > Subject: merging stable to default fails
| >
| > When trying to merge stable to default I see the following error from
| > hg:
| >
| >   $ hg merge stable
| >   abort: path contains illegal component: /OctJavaQry.class
| >
| > Any clues?  Rik added the binary file OctJavaQry.class to the hg
| > archive, but I have no clue how that could cause the error above.
| 1/12/12
|
| John,
|
| That is strange.  I'm not sure who's system is having trouble or whether
| there are different releases of Mercurial involved.
|
| Just to check, I went ahead and merged stable to default and checked in the
| merge as changeset 58018d0e9a71.  There was nothing odd to report.
|
| Maybe you need to start with a new clone of the repository.

Similar to my last mkoctfile/common.mk/configure.ac changes, I added
another changeset to default, grafted it to stable, fixed it up
(needed because of changed file names) then tried to merge stable to
default.  I see the same message as before.  Then I tried getting
fresh clone and applying the changesets to that.  Same result.  I'm
using hg 2.2.2 on a Debian system.

For now, I've pushed my changes without the merge.  If you can do the
merge, that would be great.  All the changes are on both stable and
default branches, but because of the changed file names, I suspect
there could be merge conflicts.  The result of resolving them should
be an empty merge changeset since the changes are already present in
both branches.  Merging stable back to default at this point should
not make any changes to default.