Re: Octave 3.6.4-rc1 release candidate available for ftp

From: Michael Goffioul
Subject: Re: Octave 3.6.4-rc1 release candidate available for ftp
Date: Sat, 5 Jan 2013 14:05:14 -0500

On Sat, Jan 5, 2013 at 12:47 PM, Michael Goffioul <address@hidden> wrote:
On Thu, Jan 3, 2013 at 4:04 PM, John W. Eaton <address@hidden> wrote:
The second release candidate of Octave 3.6.4 is now available from
alpha.gnu.org in the directory /gnu/octave:

  a8261dbeb3fa23c575c5c905c6770cc0  octave-3.6.4-rc1.tar.gz  (md5sum)

  -rw-r--r-- 1 3003 3002 18352066 Jan 03 20:36 octave-3.6.4-rc1.tar.gz

Please help make the 3.6.4 release a success by building from this
release candidate and reporting any problems.  We could especially use
reports for Windows and OS X systems.

Code compiles fine, but I've a problem rebuilding the doc (because of the patch I apply, some files are regenerated). I think it's due to the move of munge-texi from C++ to Perl. The file src/DOCSTRINGS is still generated by C++ and it uses the CRLF newline convention. However, munge-texi.pl does not chomp the CR character, so when reading src/DOCSTRINGS, it records symbols as "bitand<CR>" instead of "bitand" and then fails to match them when referenced in .texi files.

I can find a local workaround for that, but I thought it's was worth mentioning.

The problem does not occur in default branch, most probably because DOCSTRINGS generation has also been moved to Perl.

Once the doc building problem is fixed, octave compiles fine and the test suite runs OK (Windows/VS2010). I used to have 3 errors, but I've now 6 more, from logncdf.m, which are due to tolerance issue. The tolerance has been added in the default branch.

Michael.