Re: gnulib warnings when compiling Faddeeva.cc

From: Steven G. Johnson
Subject: Re: gnulib warnings when compiling Faddeeva.cc
Date: Thu, 13 Dec 2012 14:46:07 -0500

On 12/9/12 1:52 PM, Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso wrote:
The purpose of gnulib is to provide compatibility functions across
platforms. More than 20 years after the C standard was first
published, and we still can't agree on what "floor" is supposed to do
and where it's supposed to be available, I guess.

     http://www.gnu.org/software/gnulib/manual/html_node/floor.html#floor

The only difference between the GNUlib version and the libc version, according to this (and only on an ancient OSF version of Unix), is how it treats a -0 argument. This is irrelevant to the Faddeeva code.

So, the warning about "::floor" here is innocuous; my inclination is to ignore it, if that's okay with you.

--SGJ