Re: Link to[OctDev] ML archives

From: Philip Nienhuis
Subject: Re: Link to[OctDev] ML archives
Date: Sun, 09 Dec 2012 01:43:28 +0100

Carnë Draug wrote:
On 8 December 2012 23:49, Philip Nienhuis<address@hidden>  wrote:
Carnė Draug wrote:

On 7 December 2012 20:22, Carnė Draug<address@hidden>   wrote:

On 7 December 2012 17:33, Philip Nienhuis<address@hidden>
wrote:

Could you please restore the link to the OctDev ML *archives* on the
Octave-Forge Mailing lists place (maybe also on the Developers page at
the
bottom)? If needed with a warning message that it is a dead ML?

What do you think? Is there an advantage for the one in SF? What about
not linking to the old octave-dev mailing list there in specific, but
for the whole Octave on nabble instead? Users searching the archives
most likely do not care on which mailing list the info is (and they
wouldn't know the difference between them anyway) while the ones who
do know, can simply choose it from the sub-forums button.

I have added the link for the list of mailing lists on nabble with the
message to search the archives before asking.

Thanks Carnė,

A bit hidden, but it looks good enough for me.

hmm... I think that's only because the link was at the end of a line.
I have changed this now, does it look better now?

I'd still prefer to have at least this list archive mentioned on the OF
mailing list page, with a note that it can be accessed through the Octave
mailing lists page.

I'm confused. What exactly do you mean? The link for the Octave
mailing list page is there and so is the one for the archives. Could
you write down what exactly would you have on that page?

Sorry Carnë, *I* was a bit confused - the link is there indeed, but as an indirect link:
The actual link is on a (core) Octave ML info page
 http://octave.1599824.n4.nabble.com/Octave-f1599824.subapps.html,
and not on (as I intended)
 http://octave.sourceforge.net/archive.html
but it is good as it is. Don't touch anymore.

Philip