Re: QtScript and Toolboxes

From: Michael Goffioul
Subject: Re: QtScript and Toolboxes
Date: Fri, 9 Nov 2012 11:17:00 -0500

On Fri, Nov 9, 2012 at 10:47 AM, Daniel Carrera <address@hidden> wrote:

On 9 November 2012 13:57, Philip Nienhuis <address@hidden> wrote:
AFAIU you can use Java to build a GUI around some toolbox. In the Java
package there are some pretty basic dialog functions; but you can invoke
e.g., Java AWT to build your own GUI.

Thanks. I wasn't aware of the Java package. I just looked it up. It sounds like it should be enough to make meaningful toolboxes for Octave.

Just for the record, this doesn't work on Mac OS X, because of the restriction that the GUI must run in the main thread of a process. Works fine under Linux and Windows, though.

Michael.