Re: 4.0 release goals

From: Max Brister
Subject: Re: 4.0 release goals
Date: Thu, 1 Nov 2012 16:43:15 -0600

On Thu, Nov 1, 2012 at 4:00 PM, Michael D. Godfrey
<address@hidden> wrote:
> On 11/01/2012 01:54 PM, Lukas Reichlin wrote:
>>
>> If JIT compiling takes longer than the GUI to complete, release it as
>> Octave 4.2. Just my 0.02 SFr.
>
> Are there substantial problems with JIT?  So far, it works for me.

There are currently a few issues with JIT

1) Breakpoints are skipped in JITed code

2) Different result with NaNs in complex numbers

3) Segfaults with complex numbers and MSVC

Fixing 1 and 2 should be fairly easy, and hopefully I can get around
to it soon. Fixing 3 might be more of an issue, because I need to get
an MSVC build working and I currently have win8/vs2012 installed.

--
Max Brister