Re: Bundles in Agora

From: c.
Subject: Re: Bundles in Agora
Date: Sun, 28 Oct 2012 07:26:07 +0100

Hi Wendy,

Thank you very much for working on this!

On 27 Oct 2012, at 22:51, Wendy Liu wrote:

> 1) "Description"
>    Bundles formatted as Octave loadable packages do include a "DESCRIPTION"
> file,
>    wouldn't it be possible to parse that directly as it is currently done to
> create
>    the package page on Octave-Forge?
>
> Done, you can see a demo here:
> http://agora.dellsystem.me/bundles/testing/description-test Let me know if
> that's not what you had in mind.

Sort of, it seems you are just copying the contents of the DESCRIPTION file
verbatim on the page, aren't you?

What I had in mind was rather something like this:
http://octave.sourceforge.net/bim/index.html

Here the DESCRIPTION file is being parsed by an Octave script and the contents
are used to compose the web page for the package.

For example, the version number in Agora is now

"version 1"

because that is the first time I uploaded the package while on Octave-Forge the
version number given in the DESCRIPTION file is used, that is:

"Package Version:       1.1.1"

And also notice that you don't need to write code to do this kind of parsing
from scratch as it is already available in generate_html.

c.