Re: [OctDev] Implementation of importdata belonging to Octave Core or Oc

From: Philip Nienhuis
Subject: Re: [OctDev] Implementation of importdata belonging to Octave Core or Octave-Forge?
Date: Sun, 21 Oct 2012 15:14:41 +0200

Erik Kjellson wrote:
Hello,

Now I have uploaded my implementation here:
https://sourceforge.net/p/octave/feature-requests/41/

I've noticed that a lot of function files have some kind of tests in the
end of the file. I guess that you use them to check that you haven't
introduced any logic error in the code when modifying it?
I did find this page: http://wiki.octave.org/Tests
But I guess I need to fake input from a fake file in some way, is there
anywhere I can read more on how to do that?

Most of core Octave's function m-files have tests, so there are tons of examples.

Simply take a look at all the functions in
..../share/octave/<version>/m/<package>/....

Philip